Estate and Gift Planning
We invite you to join us for our COMPLIMENTARY
2021 Virtual Planned Giving Series
Join us for one, or sign up for all of the workshops.
Planning for your future has never been more important than it is now! These workshops have been designed specifically for our alumni and benefactors and will feature one of the top Trust and Estate attorneys in Southern California.
- Understand the importance of creating an estate plan
- Make sure your loved ones are protected from probate
- Learn about opportunities to support your favorite charity while also taking care of you and your loved ones
April 21, 2021 | 6:00 P.M. PST Register
When created thoughtfully, your estate plan should protect what you've worked so hard to earn and help you make a more meaningful impact for your loved ones after your lifetime. Learn how to get your estate plan in order! Topics will include:
- Differences between wills and trusts and why you need both
- Planning for incapacity with successor trustees and powers of attorney
- How to structure inheritances to protect heirs from creditors and taxes
- Defining your family and charitable legacy
The Basics of Planned Giving
August 25, 2021 | 6:00 P.M. PST Register
Planned gifts to your favorite charity make it possible for anyone to create a legacy – no matter what his or her financial situation. The best gift plans advance your charitable goals and provide you with financial and tax benefits. In this webinar get a better understanding of how planned giving can give you an advantage and how you can take the next step in your plan.
- Maximize your giving by donating assets not cash
- Structuring a bequest
- If you only need the income, give the asset today, but keep the income
Planned Giving Vehicles
October 27, 2021 | 6:00 P.M. PST Register
How can philanthropic gifts pay you? This webinar will provide you with an in depth discussion about bequests, charitable remainder trusts, gift annuities, life estate gifts and charitable lead trusts with examples of how each gift plan is used and can provide you with income during your lifetime.
- Bequests–the number one planned gift because it's that good
- Charitable remainder trusts–tax free diversification, income and impact
- Gift annuities–more income, less tax with a significant charitable gift
- Life Estates–keep your house for life but get a deduction today
- Lead Trusts–convert and estate tax payment into a charitable gift
Register for all three webinars here Register
Your registration is confidential, and while participating in the seminar attendees will not be able to see who else is in attendance.
The series is designed by the Office of University Advancement at MBKU and will be presented by Reynolds Cafferata, Partner, Rodriguez Horii, Choi & Cafferata LLP. Mr. Cafferata represents charities and donors on issues related to charitable giving, governance, charitable trust litigation and taxes and is a frequent speaker and writer on charitable topics. He is a member of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, past board member of the National Committee on Planned Giving, and past chair of the National Conference on Planned Giving.
All participants will receive a FREE Wills Guide by mail. For questions contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 714-822-0156.